Typography Design


I began with this quote. I've admired it for years.

I'm very inspired by many of Nietzsche's philosophies, although not all (i.e God is dead). 

In its original verbiage, the quotation reads;  
"Be careful, lest in casting out your demons you exorcize the best thing in you."

The illustration was inspired by the dark, gothic theme associated with certain terminology from the original quote.

The idea of "casting out your demons" via exorcism (quoted as "exorcize") encourages the horror genre. I illustrated the brooding female image with the gothic tone in mind. I utilized deep purple tones upon consideration, as I felt that a red/black color scheme would be too predictable- given the Halloween-like setting. The grey/white hair color was chosen to match the classic mythological depiction of witches with long grey locks.

Popular Posts